Tasmania’s best tourism offerings from 69 finalists across 23 diverse categories have been celebrated at this year’s Tasmanian Tourism Awards.
Entries were received from all over the state this year, with the top golden medal tourism drawcards ranging from tourist attractions, ecotourism and adventure outings, restaurants, accommodation, wineries, distilleries, festivals, events and many more.
Premier and Minister for Tourism and Hospitality Jeremy Rockliff thanked those working in the industry for their work that he said is “helping to cement Tasmania as a must-visit travel destination”.
Of this years winners, five businesses achieved consecutive wins for the third year in a row, earning them a place in the Tasmanian Tourism Awards prestigious Hall of Fame.
Each category winner will now automatically become a finalist in the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards to be held in Darwin next year.
ALL OF THE GOLD AWARD WINNERS
- Major Tourist Attractions – Gorge Scenic Chairlift
- Tourist Attractions – Seahorse World
- Major Festivals & Events – Tasmania’s Taste of Summer
- Festivals & Events – Junction Arts Festival Inc HALL OF FAME
- Ecotourism – Tasmanian Walking Company HALL OF FAME
- Cultural Tourism – Cascades Female Factory Historic Site
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Tourism Experiences – wukalina Walk HALL OF FAME
- Tourism Retail, Hire and Services – Coal River Farm HALL OF FAME
- Visitor Information Services – Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre
- Business Event Venues – Peppers Silo Hotel HALL OF FAME
- Major Tour & Transport Operators – Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
- Tour & Transport Operators – Air Adventure Australia
- Adventure Tourism – Blue Derby Pods Ride
- Tourism Marketing & Campaigns- Business Events Tasmania
- Tourism Restaurants & Catering Services – Grain of the Silos
- Tourism Wineries, Distilleries & Breweries – Bangor Vineyard Shed
- Caravan & Holiday Parks – BIG 4 St Helens Holiday Park
- Hosted Accommodation – The Dragonfly Inn
- Unique Accommodation – The Cove Tasmania
- Self Contained Accommodation – The Granary Richmond Hill
- 4-4.5 Start Deluxe Accommodation – Ship Inn Stanley
- New Tourism Business – On Board
- Excellence in Food Tourism – The Truffle Farm