Thousands of Hobartians filled the city’s CBD to kick off the festive season with the 41st Christmas Pageant this morning.
More than 45 groups and 1,200 participants joined in the festivities in front of a crowd of ‘over 20,000 attendees’.
After ‘careful deliberation’, the judges, including Hobart Lord Mayor Anna Reynolds, Hobart Myer Manager Kathleen Kelly, Councillor John Kelly, SCA’s Ally Bradley and 2023 Tasmanian Australian of the Year John Kamara, have selected the 2023 winners.
Keep scrolling to see all the photos.
Best Community Entry
- Winner – Salsita Kids
- Runner up – Indian Festivals Association of Tasmania
Best Christmas Themed Entry
- Winner – Holy Rosary Catholic School – The Christmas Story
- Runner up – Derwent Valley Marching Band
Best Costumed Entry
- Winner – Thai Community of Tasmania – A Colourful Fusion ofThai Culture in Hobart
- Runner up – Oberek Dance Group
Best Dance Entry
- Winner – Latin Spring
- Runner up – Holy Tantra Esoteric Buddhism
Best Musical Entry
- Winner – Australian Army Band Tasmania
- Runner up – Young Voices of Hobart
- Winner – City of Hobart Highland Pipe Band
- Runner up – Southside Steppers
The Lord Mayor’s Award
- Nepali Society of Tasmania
The Myer Award
- Salsita Kids